Pray without ceasing – 1 Thessalonians 5:17
And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? And HE said unto them, “this kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.” – Mark 9:28,29
Constant dependence on the infinite resources to build God’s church and making Prayer as the foundation of BMC.
- Encourage personal prayer and family prayer for every member of our church with specific guidance and sustained encouragements (eg. Prayer walk around their apartment, praying for points in Bethel Tidings, family altar, Interceding for others (eg. praying for one classmate for a week), praying for every task / business we involve daily etc.
- Encourage Corporate prayer: once a month & Half-night/ Full night pray-er, once in a quarter
- Prayer warrior team – To receive and disseminate prayer requests 24X7
- Area wise Local prayer cells for men & Women; encourage every worshiper to be part of this
- Open the church for anyone to come and pray
- To motivate and increase the interaction with in the prayer committee members, it was decided to have a 45 minute prayer meeting from 8:30 to 9:15 AM on every 2nd / 4th Sunday of the month in the church.
- To mobilize the committee and church members to actively participate in the first Friday fasting prayer and based on the interest of the participating members try to extend the fasting prayer into half night prayers.
Other key plans
- To help in strengthening the Men Area prayer cells in liaison with Area Fellowship Prayer in charge.
- To help in strengthening the Women Area prayer cells in liaison with WSCS Prayer in charge
- Collect from Area Prayer in charge and circulate the prayer points in the form of SMS and Email to our prayer team members/ Church leaders for urgent prayer needs.
- Aug 15th will be observed as BMC Prayer Day and we will have a half day prayer meeting to pray for nation and state prayer needs.
- Oct 2016 one day seminar on “Prayer Warriors”. To strengthen the Prayer team members into effective prayer warriors.
- On Jan 26th, we will have a half day prayer meeting to pray for nation and state prayer needs.
- Thirty minutes conference call prayer before every church camp and other major programs.
- Encourage families to sign up to fast and pray in their house for BMC once a month.
- Bringing out exclusive prayer points (more specific) for various needs of BMC in Bethel Tidings
- Follow up with every fellowship groups of BMC to spend specific time in prayer (AFs, MYF, Teens, Sunday School)
- Facilitate congregation to connect with prayer points, by raising awareness using audio visuals presentation during service, Large Prayer Charts (with photos & prayer points) on display etc.
- Help congregation learn to pray by facilitating with good prayer books, successful best practices etc.